KYBELLA Treatments in JoAnn Francis Medical Esthetics & Medical Spa in West Palm Beach, FL
WHAT IS SUBMENTAL FULLNESS?
Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is common ye undertreated facial aesthetic condition that can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men. Causes may include
- Aging: It may naturally develop as you age
- Genetics: Simply said, it may be part of your DNA
- Weight gain: It may be a result of gaining weight
WHAT IS KYBELLA? (deoxycholic acid) injection
KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and imporves the appearance of submental fullness.
- Is a nonsurgical, 15-to 20 minute in-office treatment session
- Is customized to help you achieve your treatment goals
- Destroys fat cells when injected in the fat beneath chin. Once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
The most common side effects of KYBELLA include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
HOW DOES KYBELLA WORKS?
The active ingredient in KYBELLA is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.