Acne and Anti-Aging Skincare Treatments in West Palm Beach, FL
JoAnn Francis Medical Esthetics offers Doctor Obagi’s Skin Health therapeutic treatment protocols.
At JoAnn Francis Medical Esthetics, we bring to our patients the latest the advancing science of complete skin health. JoAnn has studied and followed Dr. Zein Obagi’s wide spectrum of therapeutic treatment protocols since 1999. At JoAnn Francis Medical Esthetics, we stay current and up to date with all of Dr. Obagi’s innovative and continue study of new technology and science in the skin care industry. These protocols are for everyone regardless of skin condition, age, gender or ethnicity. Base on the latest advances in skin therapy technology biotechnology complexes, plant stem cell components, and multi therapy delivery system, these product and protocols have been optimize for your specific needs.
After a complete and thorough clinical facial, JoAnn, coupled with your concerns and her extensive analysis of your skin, will put together a program that will bring your skin back to complete health.JoAnn is able to accomplish this by using the following ZO Skin Health Circle which was developed by Zein Obaji, MD to provide comprehensive and continuous solution to achieve healthy skin for life. The components consists of the following:
Therapeutic-Treatments provided by skincare professionals using prescribed products and unique protocols to correct medical skin conditions. These products have a restricted amount of time to prevent resistance and reduce complications.
Maintenance– Designed to prevent reoccurrence of persistent skin problems and keep skin strong and healthy while looking and acting younger. This stage can be used indefinitely after the treatment phase.
Daily Skincare– Effective daily solutions designed for cleansing, stimulating, calming, nourishing and protecting skin. This keeps skin healthy, prevent s premature aging and avoid future skin damage.
Prevention-Improve overall skin health by minimizing UV damage. Prevents DNA damage and protecting against environmental aggressors
Call JoAnn today and schedule your free skin analysis. We are confident there is no skin condition we cannot correct with the right protocol.
Principles of Skin health GSR (Get Skin Ready) -The canvas must be prepped prior to making any correction. This enables the skin to function properly, tolerating all daily exposure and activities. This is an essential step to prevent and control acne, rosacea, shaving bumps, skin pigmentation problems, enlarged pores, rough and damaged skin texture.
- Cleanse– Morning and evening
- Scrub– get rid of the days dead skin cells so that products can affectively penetrate the layers and work at the cellular level
- Oil control or tone– helps get your skin back to the proper PH balance
Correction – The correction principle combines epidermal exfoliation, hydroquinone for aggressive pigmentation blending and non-hydroquinone for mild pigmentation blending. The goal is to improve the epidermis using certain topical agents. Stabilization – All patients need to be on this. Stabilization prevents acquire sensitivity to treatment and enable skin to renew and strengthen itself. Epidermal Stabilization (medical and non-medical protocols)
- Strengthens skin and builds resistance against harmful external and internal insults
- Maintains barrier function
- Restores adequate hydration
- Preserves DNA integrity
- Stabilizes cellular activity (optimizes natural exfoliation by regulation of keratinocytes maturation cycles)
- Mitigates inflammatory activity
- Defends against UV/environmental damage
- Controls melanin production and prevents melanocyte activation
- Provides anti-aging benefits (optimizes fibroblast production of collagen and elastin)
- Improves texture and tone
- Maintains even texture and tone
- Sustains optima moisture balance (increases glycosaminoglycans)
- Improves circulation; by optimizing dermal stabilization , the epidermis also improves through improved perfusion of oxygen and nutrients to the basal cell layer
Stimulation – Stimulation is the process of improving both the epidermis and the dermis through use of Tretinoin. When the combination of correction stabilization, stimulation, blending principles are used to treat a disease, the objective is “general skin repair”, which is usually accomplished within three keratinocyte maturation cycles. After completion of any medical treatment, general repair ends, and the objective becomes “specific skin repair” as a basic, daily preventative and anti-aging skin care regimen (stabilization). Hydration and Calming- Reduces the severity of reactions, increases skin tolerance, reduces irritation of retinoic acid and AHA’s through the use of anti-irritants and accelerated skin hydration from within.
- Encourages skin hydration
- Provides anti-irritant and antioxidant benefits
- Helps to increase skin’s tolerance and minimizes irritation
- Supports skins natural DNA repair and protective ability
Ultraviolet Light Protection – A combination of organic and/or inorganic sunscreens plus fractionated melanin offer protection that is both short-term (with the sunscreens) and longer-term (with the fractionated melanin).